About Me

My photo
I'm a 50 something daughter, sister, wife, aunt, mother and friend. I have a husband and a son with my parents living in my basement. Keeping it together through menopause, the teenage years and the golden years. I hope you visit often.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Update: June 2013

Hi,
It's been awhile. I seem to pop in and out of my blog. I must admit, I've missed you. I thought I would take a few min. this morning and bring you up to date. First, everyone is well. That is the main thing. We are happy and healthy.

Jake has just finished his freshman year in high school. I must admit I look at him and realize that in three short years he will be off to college. At least, that's the plan. It makes me sad. Lee & I hope that we have raised Jake to go off and be the best that he can be. True, he needs to do that. But, there is that part of me that makes me sad to think he will leave. I think part of what has brought on these feelings is attending my niece Meredith's high school graduation. She is my brothers youngest child. The last of the family who will graduate from the same high school that I went too all those years ago. She was president of the student council and gave a speech. She did well. In the fall, she will join her sister Courtney at Indiana University. Her oldest sister Gwen just graduated from there a few weeks ago. Off to start the next phase of her life. This weekend was full of pride, laughter and tears. The kids are growing up! Which brings me back to Jake. Today is the first day of summer break and his request was to let him sleep until he woke up and could breakfast involve bacon. I think I can do that. I wonder what cinnamon and bacon muffins would be like?? This summer will fly by. It always does. But there will be a few adventures also. We have a road trip planned, we have been found by extended family from Minnasota and then there is just a slower summer schedule. I'm looking forward to it. I hope to keep things updated and I hope that you have a min. to stop by and see how it's going. Have a wonderful summer!
Take care!
Courtney, Jake, Meredith & Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment