About Me

My photo
I'm a 50 something daughter, sister, wife, aunt, mother and friend. I have a husband and a son with my parents living in my basement. Keeping it together through menopause, the teenage years and the golden years. I hope you visit often.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Graduation Time!

This year I have two nieces and one nephew graduating from high school. As they say, time really flies by. I graduated high school in 1977. There were about 230 in my class. At that time, the friends you have in high school you think will be in your life forever. Most of the time, if you're lucky, one or two make it. Things change, you change, and time passes by. I am still in contact with two friends from high school, although I don't actually see them much. I am facebook friends with a few more. Graduation is a gateway into the world of adulthood. You go out into the world with the ideas of changing it. Making the world a better place. Gaining independence, and learning how to be an adult. It can be frightening, and exhilarating at the same time. Matt will stay in Columbus and go to Ohio State,  Jessi will head to St. Louis university, and Courtney will join her sister Gwen at Indiana University, in Bloomington. I can't help but look back at when they were born. Matt was this little thing, loves working with his hands and very creative. Courtney was born with a smile and a twinkle in her eye. Loves sports, being social, but still making the grades. Jessi is a born student athlete. There isn't a sport she can't excel at along with understanding the game. Loves both competition in academics and sports. They are all three so different, and all three ready to head out in the world to make a difference. To see the world as they see it is a real joy. I have my wishes for them. The main one is to be happy in what you do. I want you to be spared pain in relationships and in school, although those are the things that help you grow. You will have ups and downs, and things won't always go as planned, but you will succeed in what ever path you choose. The world will be a better place with you in it.  So, as graduation nears, enjoy your parties, have a great summer, and be happy! Much Love, Aunt Kim

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Kim!!! I second all that you've said!! It really is very amazing to me that they are graduating high school already. I have some older pics on my laptop of Sib Gatherings when the kids were young -- watching them grow (all of them) from children to young adults is wondrous!!

    ReplyDelete