About Me

My photo
I'm a 50 something daughter, sister, wife, aunt, mother and friend. I have a husband and a son with my parents living in my basement. Keeping it together through menopause, the teenage years and the golden years. I hope you visit often.

Friday, December 17, 2010

When Pigs Fly

We're two weeks away from 2011. The beginning of another New Year. I never liked to make resolutions. I think that if you are going to start something, you should just do it. It's always so easy to say I'll start on Monday, but Monday never really comes does it? So I was thinking about some changes that I wanted to make. The catch phrase is to make "life style" changes. There are even life style coaches that you can pay to help you make these life style changes. I've decided that I don't need a coach to tell me the obvious things that I need to change.  My household clutter could use some help. Most of the time if I watch one of those hoarder shows, it does the trick. I say yes too often and this messes up my time management. This can be corrected by the just say no campaign.  My diet and exercise plan are practically non existent.  This I have started to change. I signed up for the Flying Pig 5K. Yes indeed, I will be running, walking or crawling across the finish line in April. I thought this might be fun, so I also signed up Lee and Jake. Lee was not amused, but Jake was excited. We are going to enjoy the great outdoors, breathing in the fresh air and doing something good for us as a family. The sign up was painless. I just went online and because I signed up before Jan. 1, 2011, my cost was only $25. For that we get a t-shirt and just for finishing a medal. Kind of like a participation ribbon. There are three different categories that you can sign up for, age group, walking or wheel chair. I thought carefully about each group. I knew there was no way I was going to be able to come up with a wheel chair by April. Well, not and convince anyone that I really needed it, tempting as it was. That left age group and walking. What really is the difference? I chose age group. I figure they might not expect that much if I'm dumped in with the over 50 crowd. After I signed up I thought about what I have done. I mean, have you seen some of the old people out there? They are buff! That means I will have to work at getting in a shape other than round to be in this event. So, I have four and a half months to be in good enough shape as to not embarrass myself. Did you ever notice it's more fun to do things in a group? I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you join me at the Flying Pig 5K? It would be fun, because in Cincinnati, pigs really do fly. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment